
Knitting Journal
I figured it would be so much easier to just post my journal in a blog then a book. :) So here goes.
Becca and I learned some new stitches last week and it has opened the door to tons of new patterns. I love it when I read a pattern and think "Nah, thats too easy." Heh. What really tickles me is looking at a pattern and thinking,"I could write that soo much better."
Heres the Berry Hat I knit up for Kate on the way to Big Bend last year. Gosh I wish we were going this year! Pat and I are still in denial, neither of us have cancelled our reservations, for this winter. I just used my generic roll hat pattern and added the stem and leaves from a book of Trishs. I need to convert that pattern to an in the round pattern. Kate got more looks with this hat, and lots of compliments. :)
Julia and I are working on some bibs for the new baby. I'm really pleased with the one I'm working on. I need to change the pattern up before I start a new one up. But overall I'm pretty satisfied. Its a basket weave pattern.
Now that Ive got a basic bib pattern I'm happy with (for now) I need to find some fancy stitches to put in the center of the bib. I don't own any books with just patterns in them. And looking for them on line is too time consuming right now. Hopefully I'll get some time to do it soon. As this bib is ready to come off the needles and a new one needs to be created.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home