Friday, September 30, 2005


I'm finally back! Hopefully there wont be anymore evacuations, and I can get some knitting done. Of course I did do some knitting on the road. Silly! I started a plain roll top hat for Julia that would match the Gnomey hat of Kates. Well I got overzealous and started decreasing too early. I do that when I make the hat pattern, oh well. So the hat will fit a two year old, so Im gona send it to one of my nieces, probably Trinity. :) Well I added a two simple simple earflaps with a crocheted chain to tie under the neck. It turned out pretty cute. Kate took some scissors to one of the ties! :) No biggie.

I found this generic bonnet pattern today, and am very excited about it. At the bottom of the page there is basic directions to add any stitch pattern to it. Ive already got several ideas. One the brim with a beige angora type of yarn and a diamond or some sort of eyelet pattern in a coordinating "flat" yarn. The second I think I will try a simple feather and fan pattern. Also Id like to adapt this pattern to the lace booteepattern I just finished. I think I'll have to double it up. We shall see.

Well Becca finished sewing up the last lace bootee! It is gorgeous!

During the Rita evacuation I also started the roll top bootees from 50 Baby Bootees to knit, in Sweet Dreams by Cotton Tots! I love those colors! I used size 3 needles, and am using the larger directions and they are turning out to be largish, Im guessing the size for a one to two year old. Very nice.

The good news is all my knitting stuff, like the books I cant live with out, every needle I own, and all the yarn that I just simply cant part with is all evacuation ready just in case we have to pick up and go again. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home