Wednesday, December 21, 2005


The Snow Story

Funny story! We live on the coast of Texas. Where it "snows" about once every ten years or so. And what I mean by snow is watching a flake float and flitter till it gently lands and dies on the warm Texas soil. But last year we had a miracle. " A Christmas miracle." On Christmas Eve just as all the stores were closing it started to snow. And it kept snowing. When we put the kids to bed it was still snowing. I just sat at the patio door and watched it. I thought 'how can I possibly sleep when it is still snowing. This is South Texas, when I wake up its all gona be gone, so I'm gona enjoy this.' I finally made it to bed, but got up very early. It was thrilling to see a full foot of snow everywhere. It stayed for a full day. The children even said it was silly to have bought presents as the snow was gift enough. Every childs prayer for Chritmas was answered all at once.

The cute thing is now my smaller kids think "it snows on Christmas". Well 'm sure it does somewhere, but not here. Not every Christmas. My seven year old asked last week if I would knit him some mittens, since "its probably gona snow next week." He hardly ever asks for me to do things like that for him, so out came the needles.

The snow may not come this Christmas, but the mittens will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home