Anniversary Weekend

I may be over using the word great lately, but I had another great weekend. Patrick surprised me with a trip to the new yarn shop in Houston, Yarntopia. Isn't he thoughtful? I'm getting him a ring. Per his advice to me 14 years ago, "If I have something and its no longer useful replace it. That is the best gift you can get me."
I was also treated to my first knitting class! It was pretty interesting, my teacher was Brynne! Yes as in Knitty's Samus designer. I love Samus! It was funny cause I knew she was a Knitty designer, but not sure what she had designed. I should have just asked, but I was too busy making mistakes. Some whoppers I tell ya. My favorite being placing the stitches on the needle then finishing the row. HA! She is real sweet, down to earth, understanding and you can tell a really good Momma.
I hacked her pattern to pieces. I was a little too nervous to learn the pattern so just kept cabeling here and there. All the mistakes are right there at the bottom, but the rest is turning out really pretty. I found my own groove, and wonder how far off it really is from Brynne's pattern.
I am enjoying cabling. And MMmmmmmalabrigo. Oh my, there is nothing like merino is there? I had wanted the red that Brynne did the sample in, but well, somebody (heh) bought the last skien, so I picked this interesting "Purple Mystery". And will give it to Julia. Julia also sat in on the class. And Brynne gave her a ball of junk yarn to knit with. Which she loves! Julia also asked when she can come to another class and when she can meet other teen knitters.
Grace needs me.

1 Comments:
So glad to see you're enjoying the scarf. You and Julia were so fun to have in class. I also clicked around to your baby blog and I'm so happy to meet another person with nursing pictures! YEAH! I feel a teeny bit outnumbered down here in Houston as compared to Boulder, CO where John was born. Hope to see you at Yarntopia again soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home