A Charmed Mother's Day
Thursday night we left for Concan. The kids did good on the trip. We stayed at "The Cowboy Hilton on the Cowboy Riviera". It was a nice house with 4 bedrooms, one loft, full kitchen, living room and dining, slept 16, and had 5 bathrooms! If you've ever been on a vacation with 12, heck just 6 other adults you know how awesome 5 bathrooms can be. There were about 15 of us and we were very comfortable. Pats parents are so sweet they watched the three babies while we took the kids down the river for a four hour float. The only regret about the whole weekend was that I didn't drag Patrick down the river. I asked him Saturday night if he would go with me on a (short) float that he had taken earlier in the day, and as we all know our communication is um, er, not the best. So he thought I meant a 4 hour float. Ridiculous conversation followed and of course I felt hurt that he didn't want to go with me.
Being with Kate on her first float down the river was wonderful. She and her cousin did great! She kept her life jacket on, she was tough, cried only when she got cold. Here adventurous spirit was out on display, she was in her element. So proud of her. Bryant finally got into the groove. He did good. Julia had a few "river" issues, it is a little slimmy after all and she is well, a princess. But she also folded in and had a great time. Nothing new. It felt so good to be able to do something on vacation and not worry about falling on my pregnant tummy. I'm not and wasnt tired at all after this weekend. Again I think cause not being pregnant was a load off, heh.
I finished mil's cloths, and darnnit no I didn't get a picture and the circle one was soooo pretty! She liked 'em.
My kids and thier Daddy gave me a a set of Denise's! WOOHOO! Now I can start the Short Snort in a Dirty Glass Girlfriend Tank in a stash busting excercise! Not sure when I'm gona be able to cast on. But I put the yarn, needles and pattern in a large ziplock, I've heard that's considered a WIP. heh.
The semi KH yarn swap is on! I'm excited. For fear of breaching anything, I'll stop there.
Speaking of WIPs, I'm finally to the decrease on the last arm of the plum baby sweater.I need to finish it. But really need to start on the tank for Kate. And maybe one for Grace.
Tonight is a special dance class for Julia. So I gotta make frito pie, and wash the kids up.
Being with Kate on her first float down the river was wonderful. She and her cousin did great! She kept her life jacket on, she was tough, cried only when she got cold. Here adventurous spirit was out on display, she was in her element. So proud of her. Bryant finally got into the groove. He did good. Julia had a few "river" issues, it is a little slimmy after all and she is well, a princess. But she also folded in and had a great time. Nothing new. It felt so good to be able to do something on vacation and not worry about falling on my pregnant tummy. I'm not and wasnt tired at all after this weekend. Again I think cause not being pregnant was a load off, heh.
I finished mil's cloths, and darnnit no I didn't get a picture and the circle one was soooo pretty! She liked 'em.
My kids and thier Daddy gave me a a set of Denise's! WOOHOO! Now I can start the Short Snort in a Dirty Glass Girlfriend Tank in a stash busting excercise! Not sure when I'm gona be able to cast on. But I put the yarn, needles and pattern in a large ziplock, I've heard that's considered a WIP. heh.
The semi KH yarn swap is on! I'm excited. For fear of breaching anything, I'll stop there.
Speaking of WIPs, I'm finally to the decrease on the last arm of the plum baby sweater.
Tonight is a special dance class for Julia. So I gotta make frito pie, and wash the kids up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home